Support Peninsula Temple Sholom...
- As you celebrate with family and friends
- As you remember a loved one
- As you pray for healing of body and spirit
- As you show thanks and appreciation
- As you share with your community
Peninsula Temple Sholom relies on contributions from congregants to support many on-going projects of the synagogue that are not otherwise funded by our annual budget. Thank you very much for your generosity.
For donations, please contact Karen Wisialowski, Chief Community Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 697-2266.
Summary of Restricted Funds
- Funds contributed to the General Fund are used where they are most needed, as determined by the Board of Trustees.
CARE AND CONCERN FUNDS
- Campus Visits Fund: Supports rabbinic visits to members' students on college campuses.
- Carter Deeds of Loving Kindness Fund: Assists members experiencing financial difficulty. Recipient's names are kept anonymous.
- Caring Community Fund: Supports the work of the Gemilut Chasadim Committee, our Caring Community which reaches out to Temple families. Contributions support outreach to bereaved families, seniors in residential communities, welcoming of new babies and gifts to hospital patients.
- Home & Hope Social Justice Fund: Supports programming related to social justice or social action issues.
- Mitzvah Moms Fund: Mitzvah Moms are Preschool parents who acknowledge happy and sad family occasions, reaching out to Preschool families by giving support and lending a helping hand.
- Solomon Lectureship Fund: Assists in bringing speakers or adult education programs to the Temple.
- Monasch Program Fund. Provides for educational programs at the Temple.
- Jack and Elisa Klein Adult Studies Fund: Provides for scholars-in-residence at PTS and adult Hebrew classes.
- Holocaust and Historical Projects Fund: Used for educational or other programming related to the Holocaust, Jewish or PTS History.
- Layton Programming Fund: Provides seed money for new Temple programs for their first year.
- Lokey Educational and Programming Fund: Supports educational and cultural programming for the Temple.
- Helen Raiskin Concert Fund: Underwrites musical programs at the Temple.
- Myrna Jacobs Music and Performance Fund: Underwrites music and other performances at the Temple
- PTS Teen Fund: Helps finance PTS teenage activities of a community, spiritual or learning nature.
- Raiskin/Reich Youth Fund: Helps finance PTS teenage activities of a community, spiritual or learning nature.
- Teen PARTY Fund: Helps finance activities related to the Temple's youth group, PARTY.
- Zeichick Family Fund for Sukkat Shalom: Supports educational, social action and other programming to enhance the Sukkat Shalom, the shelter of peace.
- Wisialowski Leadership Development Fund: Supports leadership development and programming for lay leaders.
- Preschool Fund: The Preschool uses this fund to pay for non-budgeted special equipment and programs.
- Gage Family Religious School Fund: Enables the Religious School to provide enrichment programming and to purchase equipment which is not provided for in the general budget.
- Religious School Fund: Supports Religious and Hebrew School activities and purchases.
- Beautification Fund: Supports ongoing beautification of the Temple.
- Cantor's Music & Technology Fund: Used by the Cantor to purchase equipment that is used for Temple performances and as teaching tools.
- Jeremy Friedman Memorial Library Fund: Supports the purchase of books and library supplies, library programming and other expenses to improve the adult library.
- Hirschberg Children's Library Fund: Purchases books and material for the Hirschberg Children's Library.
- Hanne Kaufman Memorial Prayer Book Fund: Purchases prayer books for use in the Temple.
- Sephardic Minyan Fund: Pays for special activities based on the recommendation of the Sephardic Minyan.
- Christopher L. Fishtrom Temple Grounds Beautification Fund: Established by Gary and Sue Fishtrom in blessed memory of their son, Christopher Lee Fishtrom, supports landscape planting for the exterior grounds beautification of PTS.
- Peter Battat Memorial Fund: Donated in memory of Peter Battat.
SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS
- Barbara Cohn Rabbi Gerald Raiskin and Helen Raiskin Preschool Scholarship Fund: Used for Preschool scholarships.
- Sylvia Solomon Religious School Scholarship Fund: Used for Religious School scholarships.
ISRAEL AND CAMP SCHOLARSHIP FUNDS
- PTS Campership/Israel Scholarship Fund: Supports students wishing to attend a URJ summer camp or Israel experience.
- Alexa Paige Goldman Israel Scholarship Fund: Provides an annual merit-based award for a Confirmation class student or students to attend a NFTY summer in Israel program.
- Ida and Sam Levin/Gail Lowenthal Memorial Campership Fund: Supports students wishing to attend URJ Camp Newman and whose families are in need of financial assistance beyond grants or loans made by the camps and the Jewish Community Federation.
- Barkoff/Weinstock Summer in Israel Fund: Provides assistance to Confirmation students whose families are in need for financial assistance so they may attend the Confirmation Israel summer trip.
OTHER RESTRICTED FUNDS
- Rabbis' Discretionary Fund: The rabbis use this fund for charitable purposes and to cover non-budgeted expenses related to their work.
- Financial Sustainability Fund: Provides a long standing and consistent funding entity that will serve a multitude of short- and long-term needs. It is requested that the minimum contribution to this fund be $1,000.