By maximizing appropriate connections within our PTS family, the goal is to help PTS members who are under/unemployed to get back to work.
We are looking for Job Seekers and Networking Partners:
Job Seekers: If you are seeking employment, please email your resume to Linda Korth at firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions are confidential. Please include the following information:
- Type of job you are seeking (e.g., finance, marketing, administrative)
- If you are looking for full-time or part time work
- Your geographic requirement (San Francisco Bay Area and/or open to relocation)
Networking Partners: If you are connected in professional circles and/or enjoy helping people in the employment arena, please let us know. You may choose either or both of the options below for supporting those engaged in a job search:
• Offer personal assistance by getting to know the job seeker's situation, and by seeing how you can enhance their professional network through personal introductions and other strategies or you can offer an informational interview for a job seeker
• Offer an informational interview with yourself or someone you are connected to professionally. An informational interview provides those interested in learning about a particular job or career field an opportunity to speak with, or interview, someone who is doing the work that they want to know more about. Interviewers may ask about the specific tasks involved with the work, the type of education, skills, and/or knowledge that is needed to do the work, and the type of training and/or education that is required or would be beneficial. Questions regarding the "soft" skills that are needed may also be asked (i.e., the social skills, what it is like to work in a particular environment, etc.). Interviewers may ask about the "career path" that led the professional being interviewed from their first job to their current position. You will not be asked to offer a job or to provide a reference; however, interviewers may seek referrals to others in the same or related field based on their areas of interest, thus building their "career network" while conducting their career exploration quest.
By serving as a networking partner, job seekers will be matched with you based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Your job title (or past job title) and company
- The industry you are in; number of years in that industry and any other industries
- The university/ies you attended
- Professional groups/organizations with whom you affiliate
- Availability for informational interviews
- Any other information that could help us understand your professional situation and ability to help others with employment
Submit your information as soon as possible to email@example.com. You may also contact us with questions at at email address, or call (650) 697-6917.
Please check this page often, as we will post new career and networking opportunities as they become available!