Do you need help?
Do you know someone who needs a helping hand? Is a loved one ill or in the hospital? We are there beside you, but we need to know you need help! Please contact our clergy at 650-697-2266 or:
We are here for you
The clergy, professional staff and PTS members take caring for our community to heart. On-going programs and activities make powerful connections to support one another.
- BIKKER CHOLIM: Caring for those who are ill or isolated.
- BEREAVEMENT SUPPORT: Caring for those coping with grief or loss.
- MENTAL ILLNESS/HEALTH SUPPORT: Peer support and programmatic initiatives.
- BUILDING CARING RELATIONSHIPS: Social opportunities offered in a safe zone.
What is a Caring Community?
Caring Community is the soul of PTS. It begins with our wonderful clergy who are at the core of our caring community, providing pastoral care, guidance, support, resources and more during times of need. Caring Community is an integral component of our Sukkat Shalom where our community comes together to ensure that no Temple member ever needs to feel, or be, alone. Through our own experiences, we know that enduring friendships created and maintained in congregational settings offer a unique feeling of connection and spiritual well-being.
Our ever-expanding Caring Community continues our congregational journey to developing a Temple community where caring is a shared responsibility and privilege of all. You are already part of our Caring Community.
What can a Caring Community provide?
- Provide support during times of loss and bereavement
- Comfort those who are ill
- Acknowledge and celebrate life’s simchas
- Provide live long learning opportunities about health and wellness
- Provide support and resources to all so we can foster connections and nurture each on another
Where are we now and where are we going?
Over the past few years, a core group of congregants and staff have come together to build upon the foundation that was already in place. We have researched best practices for creating and sustaining a Caring Community, received guidance and specialized training from community specialists, and we will continue to learn to gain a deeper understanding of the needs of our PTS community. For now, our efforts focus on:
- Providing support during times of bereavement and loss
- Comforting those who are ill or isolated
- Providing ongoing learning opportunities for the entire PTS community to address a variety of health and wellness issues across all generations
- Providing ongoing support and skill-building to volunteers
How caring helped congregants at PTS.
Join our volunteers
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to volunteer in our Caring Community.
Click here to take our survey! This will help identify the needs and resource in our community.
Volunteer Tool Kit
The volunteer tool kit is a shared Web resources available upon request to PTS members. For access, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for helping us all embrace our desire to care and be cared for